Rejected PAP authentication

Home Forums MultiConnect OCG Rejected PAP authentication

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Neil McGuire
    Participant

I have a fleet of around 40 devices out, and half of them fail to connect using

pppd debug nodetach call gsm

with an error indicating that the peer sent a ConfRej <auth pap> packet, even though the credentials that were sent look the same (user: “mtcdp” password: [hidden])

The other half work fine, and swapping sim cards had no effect on which ones failed. I have verified that both the gsm and gsm_chat files match, and the pap-secrets match as well.

Using CoreCDP 2.1, T-Mobile, 2G data connection.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Bryan Tran

Hi Neil,

1. Are these two devices (one that is working and one that is not working) are in the same place ? If not, you could try to bring the bad one to the place of the working one and see if it works.

2. Had these bad devices working before and now they are not ?

Regards,

BT

Neil McGuire
    Participant

Bryan,

There are working and non-working devices in the same location, in some cases in trucks parked next to each other. I have them reporting GPS data from a Garmin device, and don’t have any record of these particular trucks communicating their location since we used these MTCDP-G2-GPs to replace the Windows machines that had been in there. Interestingly, we had purchased two groups of devices, and one of the techs believes that the working are from the one batch where the ones that are not connecting are from the other.

Maarten van Berkel
    Participant

Hi Neil,

I have a number of these devices in the field and am also looking into some issues with pppd.

I am really curious whether you discovered the root cause or have any additional information? It may be useful for me as well.

One thing that put me on the wrong foot a while ago is the band setting. If you haven’t checked, I would recommend you verify AT+WMBS?

With kind regards,

Maarten van Berkel

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.