Help with Example programs using Java

Home Forums MultiConnect OCG Help with Example programs using Java

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Ian McCoy
    Participant

Hi,

I am getting familiar with the board by working through some of the example applications listed in the MultiConnect SDK. In the SDK document, you list the JamVM as the preferred JVM (for most applications). However, when I attempt to call the io-app program in the follow manner I get a Segmentation Fault:

# java -jamvm -jar io-app/dist/io-app.jar

Segmentation fault

But when I use the -zero option for jvm the program runs as expected:

java -zero -jar io-app/dist/io-app.jar

Any suggestions?

Bryan Tran

Hi Ian,

I just tried it with both commands: ‘java -jamvm -jar io-app/dist/io-app.jar’ and ‘java -zero -jar io-app/dist/io-app.jar’ on my CDP and I did not get any ‘Segmentation fault” error. I am using corecdp-full-image and with the original precompiled version /io-app/dist/io-app.jar.

Did you make any changes on the source code in the io-app/ folder and recompile it ?

Otherwise, would you please try with new fresh corecdp-full-image and just copy the original precompiled version that came with MultiConnect SDK onto your CDP and try it again to see if you are still getting the same problem ?

Regards,

BT

Ian McCoy
    Participant

Bryan,

I did recompile it, but after I reloaded the corecdp-full-image, I went ahead and copied the original version of the io-app.jar from the JDK (and the lib directory) and I still get the same error.

Regards,

Ian

Bryan Tran

Hi Ian,

What version of corecdp are you using ? I am using version 2.1.0.

Regards,

BT

Ian McCoy
    Participant

The latest, 2.2.2 .

Bryan Tran

Hi Ian,

Could you pls create a new support portal case for this at http://www.multitech.com/en_US/SUPPORT/ and I will attach our precompiled corecdp-2.2.2 and io-app.jar for you to try and see if you are getting any error.

I tried with corecdp-2.2.2 and it is still working fine for me.

Regards,

BT

Ian McCoy
    Participant

Will do. Thanks Bryan for your help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.