ctrl+z kills the C# stream/socket

Home Forums MultiConnect OCG ctrl+z kills the C# stream/socket

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Ron Duritsch
    Participant

I’m writing a C# test program that sends SMS messages using a Multimodem rCell GSM modem. I create a new stream and socket and am able to connect to the modem on port 5000 and issue commands. It accepts my commands up to and including the ctrl+z I send to terminate the message text. I do receive the message on my cell phone, so I know it was sent. But immediately after the ctrl-z is sent the port is corrupted and the program issues an exception on that socket. I’ve tried this from a console executable, and also from a user facing app, to see if the console was getting in the way. In either case the same thing happens. Can you tell me what’s going on? Any clue would be helpful.

Bryan Tran

Hi Ron,

1. What is the exact model number of the device ?

2. What is the firmware version of the device ? If you do not have it, then give us the serial number of the device ?

Regards,

BT

Ron Duritsch
    Participant

Thanks for quick reply,

1) model number is MTCBA – Xx – EN2 & MTCBA – Xx – EN2-GP

2) how can I get the firmware version? – serial number is 14812625

Thanks

Bryan Tran

If you web into your device, it should show the firmware version at home page. Or you can go to statistic&logs -> System Information.

Ron Duritsch
    Participant

looks like firmware version is 2.6

Thanks

Bryan Tran

Ron,

1. It looks like it is a 2.6.9 firmware version.

2. Have you tried to go a Command Prompt and type: telnet xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 5000 (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) is your MTCBA-C1-EN2 device IP addresss and try to send the sms from there and see if you are seeing the same problem ?

Note: Make sure you have webbed into your rcell and disable the PPP option -> Disable -> Click on Submit button and do a save and reboot.

3. If you still have a problem, I suggest go our http://www.multitech.com/en_US/SUPPORT/ and create a case for it.

Regards,

BT

Brad Duritsch
    Participant

The PPP option has already been disabled.

Also, we have tried using telnet and the same problem exists there.

Ron Duritsch
    Participant

FYI Bryan, Brad is the main programmer for this.

Brad Duritsch
    Participant

I’ve created a support case for the issue.

https://support.multitech.com/support/case.html?action=view&id=41071

Bryan Tran

Brad,

I just tried it with telnet program from windows 7 command prompt and I don’t see any problem. I am using MTCBA-C1-EN2.

Regards,

BT

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.